How Can You Train Your Puppy to Improve Its Natural Energy?
Have you noticed a lack of energy in your dog? If yes, it is something that you can’t ignore. This energy loss can be a symptom of a circulatory disease or metabolic condition, and you should address it quickly. The first thing you should do is to take your puppy for a thorough checkup.
Tips to Improve Your Pup’s Natural Energy
If there is nothing serious with your dog, follow the below-given tips and improve your puppy’s natural energy.
Provide Nutritious Diet
A high-quality diet can help keep your dog’s energy level high. Many diet-related changes can cause loss of energy, such as:
- Reduction in the amount of calorie intake
- Change in the feeding time and frequency
- Change in the dog’s diet
Feed high-energy food to your pup to keep them active all day. Ensure that dog’s diet contain a good number of proteins. An excellent protein source is a slice of raw meat. Dog’s diet must have a required amount of fats. Humans take omega-3 fatty acids for higher energy levels. More importantly, they’re equally effective for pets as well. Oils’ presence in fatty acids improves concentration and boosts energy levels. The best way is to purchase dog food from a reputable brand so that your dog gets all the needed nutrition.
1. Avoid Overfeeding
A common mistake that most new pet owners make is they overfeed their pups. They also lack the proper feeding schedule. Overfeeding makes pets lazy, and it results in a lack of energy in puppies. So, reduce the number of feeding per day and set a feeding schedule; you’ll see significant improvements in energy levels.
2. Check Food Digestibility Rate
If your dog gets tired early in the day and starts feeling fatigued, check the food label. There must be a statement on the food pack about the digestibility rate, and it should be at least 85 to 90%.
3. Keep an Eye on Weight
Obesity can cause severe issues in dogs, such as joint problems and blood circulation. When your dog gains weight, they start to lose energy levels. So, make your dog slim to regain the energy levels. Use a diet recommended for optimal weight. Establish a routine for walk and exercise. It will keep the dog in shape and maintain energy levels.
4. Play Active Games
A simple fetch game is enough to keep your dog healthy and happy. Moreover, you can buy a tossed ball or Frisbee to play a fetch game. If you want to invest more, you can buy some hard and soft toys. If you cannot spend time with your dog, buy another puppy, and they will play together.
5. Use Supplements
It’s another valuable tip to keep your puppy active and increase the energy level. Before feeding any supplement, consult your vet. A vet will suggest you something according to the health condition and age of your pet. So, you can mix them in your dog’s diet to increase energy levels.
How to Improve Your Dog’s Food to Keep Energy Levels High?
Follow these tips and improve your dog’s diet.
- Do not believe in marketing hype and perform the label test. When you read the labels, it will help you make the best purchase. Read the ingredient list and find out whether they can help improve the energy levels or not.
- It is not always true that shelf-stable foods provide everything to keep your dog in shape and healthy.
- Feed fresh food to your dogs, such as vegetables and fruits, because they contain live enzymes. The presence of fiber improves the digestion process and keeps your dog healthy and active. All the fruits and vegetables are not safe for dogs, so ensure that you are feeding the safe ones. Ensure that vegetables are fruits are certified.
- Inflammation in dogs is widespread these days, so it is crucial to read the ingredient list and manufacturing process before purchasing. Inflammation causes premature aging and results in a lack of energy in dogs. So, feed your dog with food with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avoid feeding cooked food to your pets. Cooked meat loses lots of valuable nutrients.
- Ensure that dog’s food is free from gluten. Corn gluten can harm your dog even when served in small quantities.
- Most dogs are allergic to wheat and grains. They can upset their stomach. So, use lentils instead of rice to keep your dog active.
- Limit the use of treats because they are a rich source of deficient nutrients and cause your dog to gain weight. As a result, your dog’s energy level will reduce.
- Serve your dog with fresh and clean water. Tap water has plenty of chemicals, so ensure that your dog drinks chemical-free water.
- Feed your dogs in clean bowls and wash the bowls with vinegar.
Nobody knows your dog better than you. So, keep an eye on your dog, and if you see more sleeping and less playing, these are the signs of lack of energy. Take your dog to the vet for a thorough checkup and follow the tips mentioned above to improve your puppy’s energy level.